- Actuarial Associate
- SEGAL GROUP
- New York, NY
- 8 days ago
This is an opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving, communication and technology skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues.
The Associate will have access to and work under the guidance and mentoring of talented senior level staff and will work independently and on teams to deliver consulting services to a broad and diverse range of defined benefit clients.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Researching and gathering information.
- Reviewing and analyzing work products including plan data and financial statements.
- Providing input to the development of solutions.
- Creating and updating valuation programs, spreadsheet applications, government filings and report preparation.
- An undergraduate degree preferably with a focus in Actuarial Science, Statistics, or Mathematics, or related discipline with actuarial exam progress with successful completion of at least one exam with intention to achieve credentialed status preferred.
- 0-3 years of retirement plan actuarial experience within a consulting and/or insurance company environment (retiree health experience a plus).
- Proficiency in relevant computer software (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Segal:
We recognize that individuals bring a broad range of experience and abilities that go beyond the technical requirements of a job. If your experience and qualifications are close to what you see described here, we encourage you to apply. Diversity of employment, skills and life experience, combined with passion, are key to innovation and excellence. We encourage individuals, including but not limited to women, minorities, the disabled and protected veterans and those from all other backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the interview process and...thank you for considering Segal.
About Segal and its Total Rewards Program:
Segal is a privately owned, leading North American employee benefit, human resources and investment management consulting firm with over 80 years of history providing trusted advice that improves lives. Clients include public and private corporations, multiemployer trust funds, public sector entities, higher education institutions, institutional advisors, among many others.
Segal's total rewards are part of what makes Segal a special place to work. The current salary range for this position is $58,500 to $70,000 plus opportunity for a discretionary performance bonus based on company profitability and employee performance. In addition, Segal offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to include a non-contributory defined benefit pension plan, matching and discretionary contributions to a 401(k) profit sharing plan, medical and prescription benefits including contributions to a health savings account for eligible employees, dental benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, wellness benefit reimbursements and rewards, and professional credential and tuition reimbursement. Segal also provides comprehensive paid time off including holidays, vacation days, sick leave, paid family leave and sabbaticals.
Segal is the right size, the right organization and...the right move for you! Please apply now.