- FORMERLY KNOWN AS
- New York, NY
- 27 days ago
About Formerly Known As (FKA):
We create modern brand experiences that are anything but business as usual. Connecting with humans in a meaningful way takes more than incremental change. It takes radically original thinking. That’s why diversity, equity and inclusion isn’t a box we check, it’s who we are. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work and value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences of our team members that lead to meaningful outcomes. FKA has curated a deep roster of talent focused on channel-proof brand building, building, ubiquitous retail commerce, social that impacts the full purchase funnel, and relationship management that uses data to humanize brands and create lasting bonds with customers. Currently, we have more than 600 talented humans in locations across the country, partnering with brands like Verizon, Pop Tarts, Amazon, Audi, Arby’s and others who are ready to challenge the status quo and reinvent what’s next.Job Description
About the Role:
As an Animator, you see the world in constant motion. You’re always looking for a new creative challenge to bring to life through motion graphics, frame-by-frame animation, illustration, and typography. You have an eye for design and are comfortable creating the artwork that will be animated. You’re a style-chameleon and are willing to adapt to a variety of different looks based on the needs of the project or client. You’ve got all the technical skills and work with the most current industry tools, and maybe even know about a few apps we’ve never heard of. You’re a creative collaborator who works with multi-discipline teams, and open to internal and external feedback. And you’re looking for an opportunity to build your career working with some of biggest brands in the world.
In this role, you’ll report to the VP, Group Design Director and will be an integral part of team of designers and copywriters creating animated content for the major social channels. You’ll be expected to work through creative ideas from sketches to finished animated assets and manage your workload independently to meet deadlines. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
- Own the role of primary designer/animator on multiple projects at once
- Ensure quality of error-free creative deliverables
- Design in and around existing brand standards
- Create original art and animation solutions using the industry leading tools, or grabbing a pencil
- Work with various disciplines to ensure on time delivery (Account, UX, Dev, Production, etc.)
- Contribute to creative concepting for client work and new business pitches
- Create professional level animated assets for client’s social channels
- Stay current on industry trends and standards
- Mentor other members of the team by providing feedback and inspiration
- Present your thinking and ideas to internal and client teams both in person and video meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Motion Graphics OR Creative Portfolio School Certificate OR equivalent animation experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in an advertising or in-house design/animation role
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills
- Takes constructive criticism
- No ego. Collaborates easily and often.
- Displays good judgement, maturity, and enthusiasm.
- Experienced multi-tasker
- Flexible and adaptive to meet changing needs or direction
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite program skills
- Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, required
- HTML, HTML5, CSS knowledge is a plus, but not required
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
- Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
- Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy and Fertility
- Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
- Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
- Matching Gifts programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- ‘Work Your World’ Program encouraging employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
- Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents.
FKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, marital status, military service and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.