- Associate Fund Controller
- Hamilton, NJ
- 13 days ago
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Fund Administration team at Carta is rapidly growing, and we have a proven product/market fit in the venture capital space. Our three main pillars of competency in Fund Administration at Carta are technical excellence, client management and innovation. We put our customers first, are willing to learn and grow, are problem solvers, deliver consistent on-time results, ensure data security is a priority, project management effectively, maintain a professional community and work as one team.
Learn more about our team here - https://carta.com/blog/investor/exceptional-fund-services-meets-technology/
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Help provide leverage to our clients by understanding and prioritizing their needs while effectively scaling our CFO services. Some of the strategic support that we provide includes:
- Capital calls
- Audit/tax support
- Pre/post close services
- Quarterly and annual financials
- Limited Partner communications
- Bring transparency to founders, VCs, and LPs and help our clients make more accurate decisions by helping them utilize our tools and resources such as:
- Real-time IRR
- Real-time portfolio data
- Provide additional data points (TVPI, RVPI)
- Improve our product and software through working with our product and engineering teams to continue to develop our Venture Capital product suite
- Turn a service industry into a software business through consulting with clients and implementing our Fund Administration software
Our goal is to position Carta as the leading Fund Administration group. As an Associate Fund Controller at Carta, you will be part of a highly dynamic team to support our goal and the future of the Fund Administration business. In this role, you will partner with top venture capital firms to streamline their financial accounting needs. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, go-to-market and operation teams, all while growing your foundational knowledge of accounting in an engaging, fast-paced environment.
We’re hiring across all levels of experience and are looking for someone that is interested in building their career at the intersection of technology and Fund Administration. Additionally, you’re open to constant change and learning as we continue to innovate.
- You have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and accurately judge when to make decisions versus escalate them
- You’re interested in providing best-in-class-service
- You communicate information in a timely, appropriate manner to all relevant stakeholders and are able to multitask to meet multiple deadlines
- You have an understanding of Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Fund Administration
- You have experience interpreting and understanding Limited Partnership Agreements
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills with Xero, Investran, and Quickbooks experience
- You’re interested in working on projects in a fast paced environment with a supportive team and as an individual
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. If you are located in New York, New York, our expected cash compensation salary range for this role $119,000 - $$140,000 (if applicable, + commission). We are hiring for multiple levels and locations , so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at recruitingcarta.com . As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.