- Certified Surgical Tech - Hospital -ny - (nyc) East Harlem Location
- EVERGREEN TECHNOLOGIES, LLC.
- New York, NEW YORK STATE
- 8 days ago
Title: Certified Surgical Tech – Hospital
- Job Category: Acute - Nursing - Local
- Skills:2 years of scrub experience on major OR procedures
- Education: CST Certification - required Primary Source Verification - required AHA BLS - required
- Certifications & Licenses: Certified Surgical Tech (000542) - CST Certification
- This Certified Surgical Tech is responsible for equipment sterilization and the proper care and storage of equipment used for patient care.
- Decontaminates, processes and assembles instruments, equipment and instrument trays in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Follows infection control procedures to maintain asepsis and minimize the hazards of cross contamination.
- Delivers equipment and supplies to floor areas on STAT calls.
- Checks amount and condition of materials and equipment on hand and reports inadequate inventories and defective materials; checks for outdated supplies.
- Transports patients between units.
- Prepares and issues emergency case carts, supplies, equipment and instruments on demand.
- Maintains records and documents usage, losses and outdate supplies.
- Assists with maintaining a clean work environment by cleaning counters, sinks, and reprocessing equipment, according to predetermined schedules, with approved cleaning and disinfecting agents in the OR rooms as needed.
- Orders supplies
- Contacting Representatives for special case needed for OR