- Retail Buyer
- ALMO CORPORATION
- Philadelphia, PA
- 18 days ago
Are you looking to join one of the hottest and fastest-growing industries in the Post-Covid19 world? Unbox your potential at Almo! We are celebrating our 75th year of operation, Almo Corporation is the largest independent distributor of appliances, consumer electronics, professional Audio/Video equipment, furniture and housewares in the United States. With an excellent reputation in the market, Almo Corporation operates with strong values every day: Family, Integrity, Innovation, and Teamwork. We strive to build an environment of diversity, belonging, and continuous learning.
The Buyer is responsible for the purchase of products from assigned vendors, developing and maintaining forecast of product need manage inventory levels and working with vendors and Sales team to maximize Almos business.
What you will do in this role:
- Assist the product management team with necessary uploads and system entries
- Initiate stock replenishment purchases with assigned vendors
- Maintain current SKUs, costs, and pricing for assigned vendors
- Monitor purchase order confirmations and processing
- Process stock rotations and price protections
- Collaborate with the product management team to provide any necessary additional support
What we look for in a candidate:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent with 2+ years purchasing experience preferably with industry-related background.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in the Audio/Visual product field and Knowledge of working with overseas suppliers is a major plus
Almo is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.