- Support Coordinator, Ft Days, Patient Financial Services
- ADVENTIST HEALTHCARE
- Gaithersburg, MD
- 10 days ago
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Patient Financial Service Support Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an PFS Support Coordinator, you will:
• Coverage of front desk
• Answering of telephones and routing the calls to the correct department
• Meeting and greeting visitors
• Ordering and maintaining inventory of office and copier supplies
• Scanning of patient documents into document imaging
• Review of vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and fees are paid correctly
• Assisting PFS with providing yearly audit support
• Coordination of administrative tickets
• Process an attorney medical billing requests
• Maintaining log of attorney check fees received and prepares deposit for finance
• Providing support to customer service for walking patients for quick resolution
• Mail distribution and sorting.
• Print Paper Claims and Attachments for Primary and 2ndry payers.
• Maintaining daily Maryland Medicaid authorization database & documentation.
• Performs patient account review for reconciling A/R for the Montgomery County Maternity Program
• Assisting data control with posting of adjustment to patient accounts.
• Assisting the department on special projects as assigned.
• High school diploma, some College preferred.
• At least 1 years' experience working in a hospital or doctor's office.
• Must work in a stressful environment without compromising quality and accuracy.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Training in data entry of non-clinical systems preferred.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology required.
• Strong Customer Service skills.
• Ability to participate in an environment that promotes staff development, productivity, satisfaction and efficiency.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today!
Monday - Friday
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.