- Talent Acquisition, Senior Recruiter
- BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY SPECIALTY INSURANCE
- New York, NY
- 3 days ago
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway's insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate can contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique [Link available when viewing the job] and [Link available when viewing the job].
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) is looking for a Senior Recruiter to join our Human Resources Team in our Boston or New York City office. As an early-stage global business, we are now ready to further expand and strengthen our talent acquisition and recruiting capabilities. We are looking for an experienced, collaborative Talent Acquisition professional with property casualty insurance or broader financial services recruiting experience.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy being part of the build out of a new Talent Acquisition function creating & designing as we also deliver on searches. The ideal person wants to be part of a team where we do it ourselves (we do not use external search firms, contingent staffing vendors or contract recruiters). In this "roll up your sleeves" environment you will conduct research, sourcing, screening, assessment interviews and, as you partner closely with hiring managers, have end-to-end ownership of implementing every step of the process. Our hiring managers have accountability for identifying & attracting talent and filling their open roles. It's a terrific opportunity to shape the future of TA!
The Senior Recruiter, reporting to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition, will be responsible for ensuring our teams are able to identify and attract exceptional talent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and refine strategies that enable our managers to recruit talent across multiple disciplines
- Recruiting for key and hard to fill roles
- Source, screen, interview and cultivate candidates
- Proactively create talent market intelligence reports
- Build pipelines of candidates that can be shared across hiring managers
- Creating and participating in a networking strategy
- Designing and implementing recruiting strategies with our key DEI partners
- Orchestrate and reinforce an excellent candidate experience
- Hold manager kick off sessions, interview team prep/debriefs and advise managers on making hiring decisions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Recruiting experience with a minimum of 10 - 15 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals and leaders
- Strong track record of experience of successful talent acquisition
- Able to think like a Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor
- Knowledge of effective recruiting strategies
- Hands-on style with problem-solving abilities and solid attention to detail
- Proficient with social media related to recruiting and sourcing
- Extensive experience in talent and market scans
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Self-starter with strong business acumen in a global organization
- Relationship management; stakeholder coaching and influencing
- Demonstrated commitment, expertise, and knowledge in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion space
- Experience in the property, casualty & specialty lines insurance industry is highly desirable
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Global experience recruiting in multiple regions a plus
- English fluency, proficiency in other languages a plus (e.g. Spanish, French, German)
- A competitive compensation and benefits package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
The base salary range for this position in New York is from $150,000 - $175,000 along with annual bonus eligibility; a candidate's salary is determined by their relevant skills and experience. We value our teammates - both their capabilities and character - as demonstrated by our amazing culture.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.