- Technical Supervisor, Software Development And Engineering
- Philadelphia, PA
- 14 days ago
Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps local, regional and national advertisers use the best of digital with the power of TV to grow their business. It provides multi-screen marketing solutions to make advertising campaigns more effective and easier to execute. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Effectv has a presence in 66 markets with nearly 35 million owned and represented subscribers. We’re dedicated to helping our clients meet their business goals by connecting them with their customers through multiscreen television advertising. Working with companies from local startups to nationwide corporations, we provide support to help each business reach its target customers. By applying data to television advertising in new ways, we’re able to bring our clients the best of digital media, coupled with the power of TV. To learn more, check out www.effectv.com.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the planning and designing of software and web applications. Supervises the successful implementation of new applications and the delivery of software enhancements and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Leads the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements and modifications. Organizes training for support representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Collaborates with product team and other project stakeholders to identify requirements and specifications and incorporates requirements into project objectives. Conducts research for product development and provides in-depth analysis for integration needs and overall project direction.
- Coordinates implementation initiatives for new software products/applications. Manages software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Tracks and evaluates performance metrics. Generates and prepares periodic reports for leadership team review. Monitors and tracks project progress.
- Maintains comprehensive project documentation including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.