- Yoga Instructor - Tribeca Studio (new York, Ny)
- COREPOWER YOGA
- New York, NY
- 15 days ago
OUR PEOPLE POWER OUR PURPOSE
Join our team and ignite your intention to make a difference. Together, we'll create an experience powerful enough to transform lives, including your own. Discover what happens when physical meets mindful.
HOW WE SHOW UP
We are fiercely committed to our core values of empowering everyone, practicing gratitude, building community, growing forward and laughing together. We embrace our differences and foster an inclusive space where everyone can reach their full potential. We uplift, inspire and guide one another. We make time to share the power of yoga together, celebrate milestones and find joy in the present moment.
THE ROLE OF A COREPOWER YOGA INSTRUCTOR
A CorePower Yoga Instructor delivers an extraordinary experience. As an instructor you will provide this experience through a welcoming front desk check-in process, guiding students through a CPY-aligned class, and supporting each individual student to live their power. Our instructors cultivate supportive relationships by making themselves accessible and approachable, ensuring student safety, and embodying the CPY Core Values at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Teach a minimum of two (2) CorePower Yoga classes per week for a minimum of 4 hours of time in studio
- Serve the community and provide a consistent safe space for all to practice by educating students on alignment, offering modifications for postures as appropriate, and consistently using CPY cueing formulas
- Instructors are scheduled to be at the studio 30 minutes before and after each class to read studio communications, plan CPY aligned classes using the CPY Class Planning and support tools and connect with the student community
- Connect with students 30 minutes prior to class beginning and 30 minutes after class ends in support of students' personal growth, growth of the studio, and all current CPY initiatives
- As a member of the CPY teacher community you are the face of our students CPY experience. We ask that you welcome students, check students in to class, navigate any POS transactions, process front desk duties, and ensure that our students have an overall memorable experience
- Perform specific cleaning tasks as assigned to ensure CPY Smart Health Protocol standards of cleanliness are observed to ensure student and employee safety
- Contribute to a supportive and fun studio environment by upholding the CPY Core Values and fostering positive working relationships
- Act as an in-studio ambassador for all current CPY initiatives and business streams including but not limited to All Access Membership, programming and lifestyle programs, retail, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior to June 2020: Certificate of completion from a 200-hour yoga teacher training with an additional 50 hours of continuing education for C1, C2, HPF and Hot Formats or a Yoga Sculpt or Fitness Training plus an additional 40 hours of continuing Education for Yoga Sculpt. After June 2020: Certificate from a format related 200-hour yoga teacher training in person/online, and/or a CorePower Yoga Online teacher training and/or completion of 50HR Yoga Sculpt Intensive.
- Current CPR/AED certification required
- High School diploma preferred
- Excellent oral communication skills, professionalism, and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Ability to lead students in physical activity for a maximum 1.5 hours at a time
- Ability to withstand exposure to heat of a maximum of 104 degrees for a minimum of 60 mins in heated classes
- Instructors will be assigned a studio set including a home studio and supporting studio(s) where they will be scheduled to teach permanent classes, prioritize subbing support, receive routine feedback and communications, and support growth of the community and CPY initiatives
- Must be able to move around the studio space, crouch, bend, reach, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Free All Access Membership for you to use at any time in studio or online
- Additional Free All Access Membership for a Plus One to use at any time in studio or online
- 30% off Retail with access to 50% off during our employee LOVE sales throughout the year
- Continued education including free intensive yoga trainings and free 300 HR Teacher Training (for those that meet minimum requirements)
- Access to sequencing binder
- Employee Assistance Program
- $40.00 per class with opportunity of additional $0.90 - $12.00 per class based on prior experience
WHO WE ARE
CorePower Yoga is sharing the transformative power of yoga with every mind, everybody, everywhere. We are the nation's largest yoga studio brand with over 200 locations across the country, digital livestream and on-demand classes, and thousands of passionate yoga teachers providing the opportunity for people to breathe, move and sweat together - discovering the magic that happens when physical meets mindful.
We believe in the power of connecting with community, making a difference, and the power that is yours from the inside out.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. CorePower Yoga is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
CorePower Yoga provides reasonable accommodation and/or modification to disabled individuals to assist in the application process. Any individual requiring accommodation/modification to complete this application should contact Human Resources at HumanResourcescorepoweryoga.com.
- Job Family Primary
- Pay Type Hourly